Thursday, August 29, 2013

I said Yes.


I've asked myself over and over again the first couple of months as I work my way towards Hola, who am I to think I can or should even be doing this?

Who am I to think its OK to spend that much money to get there when there are needs right where I stand?

And who am I to think I can make a difference in that little girl? She lives half way around the world, for crying out loud.

It’s these thoughts that have held me back over the past 2 years.

God has reminded me of some very important facts as I asked and prayed about these questions….
I am His child. Who am I not to be doing it?
I don’t know where all the funds are going to come from. Some of it from me and hard work. Some of it from others that they've earned through hard work but all of it… All of it’s from God.
Who do I think I am to question it?

Yes, sometimes when you ask God for answers, He asks you questions in return. He wants us to use our brains, to grow and learn.  Isn't that what all Fathers want of their children?
God has given us dreams and callings on our lives. You know what yours are. You've always known.    Have you listened to your calling and applied your gifts? Our dreams and talents/gifts ebb and flow in our life. God allows us free will to choose whether we pursue what is on our heart or stand still, afraid, second guessing and doubting ourselves. I've let go of probably a thousand opportunities because of fear. I've ignored many gifts that God has given me, because I have allowed myself to doubt my abilities, not have confidence and faith in what I could do/should be doing. I've allowed others to add to my self-doubt too.

By not using opportunities and gifts God has given me, I've cheated many people out of the blessings they could have received through me. That makes me sad, now that I know the truth.

I've been learning this over the past several months through prayer, worship and study and I’m finding the more I say yes to what I’m hearing and learning, things become even more clear, the path deepens and I am able to take step after step getting closer and closer.

Also, I get confirmation that what I’m doing isn't lavish or extravagant. I’m not being wasteful or foolish. (though there are some that think so) This… To Togo for Hola… is exactly what I should be doing …at this time.

 … Last Sunday, the sermon the Pastor was preaching at the Servant Leader meeting  reaffirmed for me that what I’m doing is A-OK with God. :-D  (that smiley is of me smiling ear-to-ear)

Have you ever been to church and swear the sermon the preacher was preaching was directly to you? Well, it was. :)  Depending on the sermon topic it can either get mighty uncomfortable for you or make you want to do a “high five” with the pastor lol Last weekend was a “high five” for me. *shew*

Anyway… he preached on the very topic of following the dreams God has put on your heart. To say Yes to God. To leave fear behind. To have faith that you can accomplish what you know you are supposed to be doing, by the Grace of God. That God does not expect us to just ‘exist’. He is GOD. We are made in HIS image . We can do amazing things if we allow Him to use us. I can and should be doing good and great things while I’m living. I am here to make a difference.

Then on Tuesday Michael Jr. posted on his facebook about the same thing!

Just a little of what he said… “….My playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking” (Michael Jr - comedian with a heart for God. michaeljr.com)

And then my friend Sarah shared a quote from Jon Acuff , - something along the same lines.

“I’m not a fan of finding your purpose; I’m a fan of living with purpose. Purpose is not a final destination. You don’t have to know the finish line before you cross the starting line.” --Jon Acuff

For me, this was once again a reminder for me not to worry about where ALL the money is going to come from. I didn't start two years ago because --- " I can’t plan to go, I don’t have enough money to pay for it. How would I get it? Stop it, Angie… you cannot pay for that”

Well, Angie....just start. Don’t worry about the finish line. … $1, $2, $10… just START…and chip away… and PRAY and LISTEN and SAY YES.


I  said Yes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment